Boards, Steering Committees, etc. (pro bono)
- Chair Emeritus and former co-chair, Society for Participatory Medicine
- OpenNotes advisory board
- Patients’ View Institute advisory board
- BMJ’s Patient Advisory Panel (announced June 2014)
- Rheumatoid Patient Foundation advisory board
- Berci’s Webicina.com – advisory board
Fellowships and Academic Honors:
- 2017 New Zealand i3 Patient Engagement Fellowship, sponsored by Spark/Revera
- Healthcare Internet Hall of Fame – first patient inducted, November 2015
- Mayo Clinic’s invited Visiting Professor in Internal Medicine, March 2015
- Patient Engagement Fellowship, NEHI (Network for Excellence in Health Innovation), 2015
Advisory and Disclosures
- Advisory contracts:
- Grant-funded projects:
- Disclosures / COI: See the disclosures page.
September 2019: HealthTech’s 2019 Must-Follow Health IT Influencers
August 2019: Lincoln Health Network 10 Pharma Influencers you Should be Following on Twitter
August 2018: HealthTech’s 2018 Must-Read Health IT Blogger List
April 2018: 25 Pharma Influencers You Should Be Following on Twitter (#3)
March 2018: Digital Health Today Top Twitter Accounts to follow in Digital Health
February 2018: Health Data Management 30 HIT experts to follow on Twitter (#6)
November 2017: Health Data Management 30 HIT experts to follow on Twitter (#7)
August 2017: 25 Pharma Marketing Influencers to Follow on Social Media (#13)
November 2016: List 55 experts HIT execs should follow on Twitter (#6)
November 2016: 10 Industry-Disrupting Health Tech Influencers To Know (#6)
June 2016: Top Ten Healthcare Influencers to Follow on Twitter (#8)
December 2015: STAT’s 18 Must-Follow Twitter Accounts about health and medicine
September 2015: Health Data Management’s 16 Experts on Twitter Who Are Leading the Discussion on Health IT
July 2015: EMR and HIPAA “Health IT 99” (Health IT social media influencers)
November 2014: HIT Consultant 15 Influential ePatients and Patient Advocates to Follow
October 2014: HealthIT Outcomes Health IT Change Agents 2014.
May 2014: MDigitalLife 5: Who Doctors ACTUALLY follow – Healthcare People Edition. #2 in the list.
April 2014: eMedCert 100: Top 100 Twitter Accounts For Healthcare Professionals To Follow
February 2014: Healthcare I.T. News Man of the Year in “Shapers & Influencers”
December 2013: 100 Healthcare and Digital Health Influencers to Follow (Marie Ennis O’Connor)
October 2013: Mayo Clinic Center for Social Media – Platinum Fellow (see blog post)
July 2013: Health IT 100 most influential Twitter users (#47)
June 2013, MHADegree.org (Masters in Health Administration): Top 50 Healthcare Influencers To Follow On Twitter
December 2012, Forbes: 13 To Watch in 2013: The Unsung Heroes Changing Health Care Forever (by Leah Binder, CEO of Leapfrog Group)
July 2012: Health IT 100 most influential Twitter users (#46)
January 2012: Klout’s Top 10 healthcare influencers From PCWorld: “Your Klout score is based on three major ranking factors.
- True Reach is the number of people who act on and share your content, with spam and bots removed from the equation.
- Amplification is a measure of how likely people are to act upon your shared content.
- Network gives you marks for having top influencers in your circle; if they share your content, your Klout score goes up.
March 2011: Twitter Powerhouses (Huffington Post) “… they participate in the international, empowering conversation that Twitter provides to hundreds of millions. … What’s different about these men and women? … they push beyond the boundaries of creativity, and use social media to impact and enrich the lives and ambitions of their followers.”
February 2011: Health Engagement Strategy. Blog post here.
January 2011: Nominee for Best Patient Blog, Medgadget, January 2011
And from my previous life, in web marketing and analytics: November 2008: Salesforce.com “Appy Award” for marketing excellence
Accepting the award from CEO Marc Benioff