It is a time of celebration.
Since creating this domain five years ago (2009!) I’ve done:
- 242 speeches
- 36 panels
- 30 policy meetings
- 68 participant in other events
- 18 countries
and authored or co-authored:
- 304 blog posts (including this one)
- 7 posts on my Forbes blog
- 472 posts on e-patients.net (and 106 more on that site, before this “birthday”)
- Two books: Laugh, Sing and Eat Like a Pig and Let Patients Help: A Patient Engagement Handbook (with Dr. Danny Sands)
- Seven articles and papers (BMJ, iHealthbeat, SGIM Forum (twice), Aspen Institute booklet, Patient Safety & Quality Healthcare, ACM Interactions)
and acquired on social media:
- 21,400 more Twitter followers
- 2,000 Facebook friends
- 500+ LinkedIn connections (they won’t seem to say more than that!)
- Klout impact score of 80
- … while spending $0 on traditional advertising.
And 150 media mentions.
Well, that explains a lot… I couldn’t have done it without you people paying attention and spreading the word. Thank you!
And, looking forward…
… stay tuned for tomorrow’s post on what’s next in life.