In August I gave one of my most successful speeches ever, at the annual meeting of the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (ncsbn.org). These are the people who do board certification of nurses and, when necessary, look into cases where discipline may be needed. In short, these are people for whom quality makes all the difference in the world; it is their work.
I was inspired and thrilled to be invited to speak to them. As always, we had a lengthy call to plan the focus and objectives of this talk. Here’s the video – I’m even more thrilled that they hired such a great video company! Multiple cameras, high quality slide rendering, and terrific editing. Thank you!
The video doesn’t show it, but the audience gave a standing ovation. It’s a wonderful feeling to connect with people at that level.
If you can’t see the video, click here.
As regular readers know, since June 2012 I’ve been publishing the full text of my evaluations. I do this partly in “solidarity with my brothers and sisters” who are now being rated by the public, and partly because I just plain believe that if we openly discuss what works and what doesn’t, good things will ultimately ensue. Yeah, it hurts when some individual gives you a rock-bottom score, but y’know what? You get over it.:-) Here are the numbers: 5.64 and 5.62 on a scale of 6.
Full text of specific comments:
(It feels self-conscious to post this, but you know what? The only reason it looks self-serving is because the comments are great, because I bust my butt to understand each individual audience and craft individualized messages. This is the result I strive for.)
- I was pleasantly surprised out how engaging and poignant Dave deBrankart’s presentation was. What a wonderful contribution he is making!
- Thank you for e-Dave’s book, as I know I will refer to it in my practice.
- E Patient Dave was outstanding in content and presentation AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- I thought all presentations were excellent, but also e-dave, and all networking opportunities continue to be one of the best parts of these meetings
- I loved the e-patient Dave presentation. VERY engaging!!!
- The presentation by Dave deBronkart was especially engaging and informative. I felt both presented information extremely useful to me, personally and professionally.
- Excellent speakers, I have already suggested Dave Debronkart’s book to my students.
- I loved e-patient Dave. Dave deBronkart’s presentation was riveting.
- Dave deBronkart was very effective in his communication skills, engaging and excellent at relating to the audience effectively.
- ePatient Dave was particularly engaging and interesting.
- Presentation by Dave deBronkart was inspirational and very thought provoking.
- Will use many of the concepts and content in other situations.
- I found e-patient Dave’s presentation thought provoking, creatively performed and got the points across very well.