Thanks to college near-classmate (a year behind) Larry Fagan MD for this, which was in turn pointed out to him by one of his students, Sarah Aerni. (I met Larry for the first time last month at the Stanford Medicine X conference!)
All told these will take 80 minutes. If you’re not willing to spend that on being a better speaker, you’re not a cadet. :) The roster of talks:
- Julian Treasure: How to speak so that people want to listen A whole lot of practical skill in these ten minutes. (If you don’t care about “so people want to listen,” you haven’t been paying attention to this series.)
- Amy Cuddy: Your body language shapes who you are. Guaranteed to make you laugh and think.
- Joe Kowan: How I beat stage fright
- Melissa Marshall: Talk nerdy to me <=oo, I haven’t even watched this (as I write, here) and I’m already in love
- Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action <= he spoke at the TEDx where I did
- Sebastian Wernicke: Lies, damned lies and statistics (about TEDTalks) <= I used Sebastian’s thinking in planning my talk
- Megan Washington: Why I live in mortal dread of public speaking
- Clint Smith: The danger of silence – a five minute talk with 263 comments. Why?? Pay attention and think.
Enjoy, and learn.
This is the latest in the Speaker Academy series, which started here.
Next in the series: #27: Impact speakers! Get the “Official TED Guide” to speaking