This is an updated clone of this 2014 post.
It is a time of celebration!
Since creating this domain seven years ago today (2009!) I’ve done:
242323 speeches 3652 panels 3038 policy meetings 6886 participant in other events
… that’s 499 events so far, totaling about 150,000 people, in …
- 213 cities, in
1820 countries, logging …
- … around 830,000 air miles
and authored or co-authored:
- 1099 blog posts:
304433 posts here (including this one) 78 posts on my Forbes blog (no longer active) 472654 on e-patients.net (and 106 more on that site, before this site’s “birthday”)
- 4 on the BMJ blog
- Three books: Laugh, Sing and Eat Like a Pig; Facing Death – With Hope; and Let Patients Help: A Patient Engagement Handbook (with Dr. Danny Sands)
- Fifteen articles and papers (BMJ (twice), Journal of Clinical Oncology (first author), iHealthbeat, SGIM Forum (twice), Aspen Institute booklet, Patient Safety & Quality Healthcare (twice, incl a cover story), ACM Interactions, PLAID diabetes journal (cover story), four more)
and acquired on social media:
21,40031,171 more Twitter followers 2,0002,698 Facebook friends
- 500+ LinkedIn connections (they won’t seem to say more than that!)
- Klout impact score of 79-80
- … while spending $0 on traditional advertising.
150 221 media mentions, and 17 mentions in other people’s books.
I couldn’t have done it without you people paying attention and spreading the word. Thank you!
And, looking forward…
Last time I said “stay tuned for tomorrow’s post on what’s next in life.” That next post was “Six month countdown to Medicare! What do I need to know?” This time, the next post will be about a total makeover coming for this website. See ya Monday or Tuesday!