For Wednesday’s “#qualitychat” Twitter chat here are a few notes.
- Background page on this tweetchat series
- @BCPSQC is British Columbia Patient Safety and Quality Council – I spoke there in February. Met @CourageSings & many more!
- The @BCPSQC website: bcpsqc.ca
- My July post “There’s something about Canada“
- My interview on the CBC Radio show “White Coat, Black Art” with Dr. Brian Goldman
A few notes from participants at the February event
- “The BC Cancer Agency has led a provincial project asking patients for solutions to some of the lower Provincial Cancer Care Patient Experience scores. It is a project to listen to the patient voice and implement some solutions that came from patients and their families. … [We have been] inspired to come together as a province to have a provincial approach and also, look at solutions that patients suggest. ” Sue Fuller Blamey Corporate Director, Quality & Safety, Provincial Health Services Authority and BC Cancer Agency
- Let Patients Help “was sent to all Community Engagement Advisory Network members … It is also a resource that we like to share in our day to day work now.” Saori Yamamoto Community Engagement Advisory Network Co-ordinator, Vancouver Coastal Health
- “It really brought things back to the patient and showed us THEIR perspective on healthcare. One thing that really stood out for me what the emphasis on including patients as partners in their own care, full members of the care team. It challenged the all-too-common thinking that they are just unknowing recipients of the care that “the experts” decide is right for them and showed that, not only are many of them intelligent and able to participate in the conversation and decision making, but also (and perhaps more importantly), that they are real partners in it, with as much knowledge and information to share re: the “problem” as anyone else on the team.” From a Quality Improvement Consultant
- Note how this echos the thinking of the Mayo Clinic’s chief residents in this post
In less than an hour, moderator @Kevin4Quality (Kevin Smith) posted the after-event resources!
- Transcript (all 450+ tweets)
- Analytics (who did how much of what, etc)
- Storify story (a curated set of highlights of the event)
Thanks again to all for a great event!
Leave a Reply