Like last month, here’s this month’s update on travels, events, and articles (including a first for me!).
In my travels if you’re in the area and want to connect, contact me.
- Big news: my first article as lead author in a medical journal (right)! (In the world of medical journals, being listed as the first author is a big deal.) Open Visit Notes: A Patient’s Perspective and Expanding National Experience, in the Journal of Oncology Practice, with Jan Walker RN MBA. Thank you to the OpenNotes team for managing this!
- Do you use online symptom checkers? Go for it but be wise: Last Friday I was interviewed by the Boston Globe (see below) to comment on a new BMJ article. It was such a stimulating topic I wrote a much-mentioned post about it on e-patients.net, and I hope to be writing more
- Amazing Ginny’s amazing knee surgery: my post last week has been updated with amazing new videos of her moving around.
- That post has traveled: it got modified and posted on the much-read Glass Hospital blog, which was in turned picked up by the more-read MedPage Today update, and in turn caused a post about patient engagement on the Christ Church Charlotte nurse ministry blog.
- July 14, Health News Review: quoted in a post about America’s new CTO for health, Susannah Fox on the hunt to democratize access to patient data
- July 10, The Boston Globe: Looking to diagnose your ailments online? be careful
Upcoming travels & webcasts
- July 17, Boston area: Private corporate event
- July 22, 1 pm ET: Free webinar, sponsored by Phreesia: Let Patients Help – 45 minutes + 30 minutes Q&A
- August 13-14 D.C.: Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s National Leader Summit on Integration of Behavioral Health & Primary Care. Participant.
Recently added events
- August 30-Sept 2: Europe (details to be announced)
- Mid September: 10 day speaking tour of Alaska!
- September 23-24: Medicine-X | Ed Bringing e-patient thinking to the medical education curriculum
- November 4, DC: American Psychological Association Presidential Innovation Summit
- November 11, Sacramento: Transforming Healthcare Summit (for CalOHIII)
Leave a Reply