People in a hurry can skip to the product listings below, but we hope you’ll take a moment to learn about this fallen hero of the healthcare revolution.
“Mighty Casey” Quinlan was a near-legendary, much-loved, outrageous advocate for better healthcare through patients’ rights. She died April 25 of a recurrence of metastatic breast cancer. Here’s one of the many tributes that poured in: A Tribute to Casey Quinlan – Advocate and Renaissance Woman
As often happens these days, her goods have been cataloged for an online estate sale that’s underway right now, through 7pm ET Tuesday 5/16. You can browse the whole collection, but I thought it would help to publish a few blog posts highlighting categories of goods. If you know anyone who might be interested, please share!
For those who knew and loved Casey or those who benefited from her mentorship and advocacy, this is a wonderful chance to snag a memento while supporting her one last time..
Today’s category is her collection of broadcast technology. Casey was a field broadcast professional for NBC years ago, so when podcasting came along, she knew what she was buying. This collection includes both modern podcasting gear and rare museum stuff.
Microphones etc – modern
- TZ Audio Stellar X3 Microphone (never used, $350. Donated by another healthcare podcaster, Danny “Health Hats” van Leeuwen)
- Blue “Yeti” and Raleno M30 USB Microphones with accessories
- Samson Mic Stand & Studio Condensor, Zoom handy mic, And More
- “Stage Right” Microphone dampening shield
- Zoom H2 Handy Recorder (another) (and Pana-vue 2 slide viewer)
Vintage / classic / rare equipment
- Vintage RCA Type BK-6B Dynamic Microphone with carrying case
- 2 AKG D109 vintage lavalier microphones, with 1959(!) NBC logo sticker on one
- Eela Audio Reportophone S20 – amazing 1980s machine for field reporters to mix inputs and dial-call in their audio with one box
Thank you for supporting Casey’s advocacy.
In her years supporting other patients and advocating for better healthcare, Casey often operated at a loss, generously doing what she could to help others. This auction is a way to support her work posthumously, help defray her debts, and support her sister with any remaining funds. Please forward this post to any message boards you know that might be interested in bidding. And please bid early and often. Any of the mementoes that don’t sell for at least $10 will cost the estate money just to list them on the auction site. Thanks!
Again, the auction closes Tuesday, 5/16, at 7 pm ET.
Ileana Balcu says
A note to mention that the site forces us to bit in $1 increments… so, even if we mentioned max bid $10, it looks like it’s a $1 bid…
So, please, enter bids on anything, especially the items <$10… we need the "competition".
It would be terrible if this process meant more expense and hassle for Cece, Jan, Myra and the rest of team who organized it.
Thanks so much!