This spring I had a couple of cases where people said “I wish I’d known you were coming – we could have had coffee!” (That’s always compelling to me…) So I’m going to try publishing a monthly update (more or less) of upcoming travels, newly added future events, and maybe a few other things. Short & sweet. Thank you to Casey Quinlan, a focused production machine if I ever saw one, for making this happen!
- June 7-13, Lucerne, Switzerland: IKF’s annual Swiss tour. Multiple keynotes and private meetings.
Upcoming travels & webcasts
- June 16-17, Chicago: NEHI’s National Healthcare Innovation Summit. Attending.
- June 17, London (via web): The King’s Fund, Digital Health Days Congress. Speaker.
- Link to come next week: June 26, 4:30 pm New York time, webcast: 20 minute speech “Being Heard as Possibility,” part of Rebel Jam, hosted by Rebels At Work, Corporate Rebels United and Change Agent Worldwide.
- I love this group! I first learned about them from Helen Bevan in 2013 and blogged about this movement on Forbes: The “Organizational Radical” Movement Comes To Medicine
- June 29, London:
- Private corporate event
- BMJ patient panel gathering
Recently added events (stay tuned for details!)
- Early September: Europe (to be announced)
- Mid September: 10 day tour of Alaska! These people are getting it bigtime and spreading the word!
- September 23-24: Medicine-X | Ed Bringing e-patient thinking to the medical education curriculum!
- November 4, DC: American Psychological Association Presidential Innovation Summit
- November 11, Sacramento: Transforming Healthcare Summit
My first-ever article in a clinical practice journal where I’m listed as First Author(!)
- “Open Visit Notes: A Patient’s Perspective and Expanding National Experience,” in ASCO’s Journal of Oncology Practice. It’s open access (free), to allow reading and sharing by patients.
Recent media mentions:
- Book: The Digital Doctor: Hope,Hype, and Harm at the Dawn of Medicine’s Computer Age by Bob Wachter (April 2015)
- May issue of ImproveDx: Newsletter of the Society to Improve Diagnosis in Medicine. In “Improving Communication of Test Results in a Changing World” by Susan Carr.
- May 30, IntrepidNow: #TalkHIT with CTG – Dave deBronkart (ePatient Dave), The Original ePatient Advocate
- May 28, AstraZeneca Health Connections: E-Patient Dave: “The Internet Brings Patients Together”
- May 14, Mayo Clinic “In the Loop” “‘Healing Words’ Program Creates Space for Patients to Reflect and Clarify” about my interview on facing death with hope
Like it Dave! so much better and inviting than a plain calendar!
Congratulations for your first paper as first author in venerable ASCO’s Journal of Oncology Practice!!
e-Patient Dave says
Kathi, you are always so encouraging – thank you for your early and continuing support, ever since we met in 2010!
Karen Nicole Smith says
So inspiring!! Thanks for sharing. I feel like I am making progress so slow . . . it’s almost painful. I am working away. LOL!