This spring I had a couple of cases where people said “I wish I’d known you were coming – we could have had coffee!” (That’s always compelling to me…) So I’m going to try publishing a monthly update (more or less) of upcoming travels, newly added future events, and maybe a few other things. Short & sweet. Thank you to Casey Quinlan, a focused production machine if I ever saw one, for making this happen!
- June 7-13, Lucerne, Switzerland: IKF’s annual Swiss tour. Multiple keynotes and private meetings.
Upcoming travels & webcasts
- June 16-17, Chicago: NEHI’s National Healthcare Innovation Summit. Attending.
- June 17, London (via web): The King’s Fund, Digital Health Days Congress. Speaker.
- Link to come next week: June 26, 4:30 pm New York time, webcast: 20 minute speech “Being Heard as Possibility,” part of Rebel Jam, hosted by Rebels At Work, Corporate Rebels United and Change Agent Worldwide.
- I love this group! I first learned about them from Helen Bevan in 2013 and blogged about this movement on Forbes: The “Organizational Radical” Movement Comes To Medicine
- June 29, London:
- Private corporate event
- BMJ patient panel gathering
Recently added events (stay tuned for details!)
- Early September: Europe (to be announced)
- Mid September: 10 day tour of Alaska! These people are getting it bigtime and spreading the word!
- September 23-24: Medicine-X | Ed Bringing e-patient thinking to the medical education curriculum!
- November 4, DC: American Psychological Association Presidential Innovation Summit
- November 11, Sacramento: Transforming Healthcare Summit
My first-ever article in a clinical practice journal where I’m listed as First Author(!)
- “Open Visit Notes: A Patient’s Perspective and Expanding National Experience,” in ASCO’s Journal of Oncology Practice. It’s open access (free), to allow reading and sharing by patients.
Recent media mentions:
- Book: The Digital Doctor: Hope,Hype, and Harm at the Dawn of Medicine’s Computer Age by Bob Wachter (April 2015)
- May issue of ImproveDx: Newsletter of the Society to Improve Diagnosis in Medicine. In “Improving Communication of Test Results in a Changing World” by Susan Carr.
- May 30, IntrepidNow: #TalkHIT with CTG – Dave deBronkart (ePatient Dave), The Original ePatient Advocate
- May 28, AstraZeneca Health Connections: E-Patient Dave: “The Internet Brings Patients Together”
- May 14, Mayo Clinic “In the Loop” “‘Healing Words’ Program Creates Space for Patients to Reflect and Clarify” about my interview on facing death with hope